Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Beauty Essentials!

As the days get longer, temperatures rise, and things starting to bloom outside, I figured it was about time to switch up my usual beauty routine. Warmer weather definitely calls for coming away from thick sweaters, darker eye shadows, and sleepy Sunday mornings spent in a cocoon of blankets which have become the norm for the Christmas season, and the early months of the new year. So let's get into my favorite beauty tips for spring time!!

First off is definitely the face. Although some say the face is not the first thing they notice about a person, it is what we tend to focus on when we interact with someone. With the start of warmer weather, if you have glowing skin, it will make you look so healthy, as well as awake and energetic! Although I personally do not use foundation, and seldom even BB cream, I would recommend getting a number of products that will give your face a radiant and luminescent appearance. My initial tip would be to get a highlighter. This is an amazing product, as it is so versatile (especially for spring time). My favorite ways to use a highlighter include under my eyes as a concealer, on my brow bone to illuminate, and on my upper cheekbones and nose as a seemingly natural shine. Moving on to cheeks, I normally don't use blush, but it can be great way to put some color into your face. I love the dewy look cream blushes give, as opposed to powder. A great way to reduce the products you use can be to use a lipstick as blush! Finally, bronzer is an absolute must-have for spring. I always want to be one of the first people at school to have that sun-kissed look from spending time out of doors, but unfortunately in early spring that's not possible. By using a bronzer to contour the face, you can define your features, while simultaneously giving the impression that your already getting a head start on a tan.


Moving on to eyes... While in the winter and fall dramatic smokey eyes are all shiz shall we say, spring is a time for lighter and cheery colors. No more the heavy golden and dark browns, but welcome to shimmery shadow, and bursting color liners. One of my favorite trends is having a light champagne or gold shadow to brighten up the eyes, a slightly darker tone in the corner to add definition, and the icing on the cake: bright pencil liners. Using a blue, purple or gold pencil above your lashes gives a little pop, and can will enhance and compliment your eye color. Using a white pencil liner on your waterline and inner corner will also noticeably brighten up your eyes! And of course, a thick layer of mascara will give a dark outline to further make your eyes standout!

Next up, skin! I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to my skin, and spring time is really skin-time. Warmer weather ultimately means shorts and tank tops. Because in general we start to have more skin showing, spring is a time to start paying even more attention to hygiene. Obviously, the time has come to start shaving more regularly, so find a good razor and shaving cream!! Because shaving can be extremely drying for your legs, my first tip is to get a body scrub. Not only will this hydrate your skin after shaving, but it will also make your skin smell amazing. Double-win! I personally purchased a body scrub from the Body Shop last summer that is mango scented, and I have absolutely loved it. One down side to warmer weather is that we begin to sweat more, and for a face this means clogged pores :( This can lead to overall more oily skin and acne breakouts... things I'm sure nobody wants. To fight this, I would recommend getting some oil-free cleansing wipes. Using these, particularly after exercising or whenever your sweating a lot, will remove dirt and oil from your skin. I am currently loving the pink grapefruit wipes from Neutrogena. They have been treating my skin well, and smell delicious! The package says that rinsing is not necessary, but I usually use them after a run, but before my shower.

Last, but certainly not least: scent. As I said, warmer weather means sweating more, particularly for people who are pretty active, such as myself. Some days, I really wont feel like taking the time to put on much makeup other than mascara and eyeliner, so instead I focus on smelling lovely. To stay smelling fresh throughout the day, the obvious necessity is deodorant--never leave home without it! At school, I usually bring a mini deodorant for after gym, and in general, just in case I’m sweating a lot. Next vital product is either a perfume or body spray. Although I have some perfumes that I adore, on a day to day basis, or for bringing to school, a body spray can be the more affordable option. Finally, I love it when my clothes come out of the laundry smelling clean, so I would highly recommend buying some dryer-sheets. These you just put in the dryer, and the perfume your linens (not overpowering, but just an extra fresh aroma to stay with you all day)!


That’s all for now; I hope these tips come in handy for this spring season!
xx
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment