Saturday, July 26, 2014

DIY: Tumblr Inspired Room

I've been spending a lot of time on my computer as the long summer days continue on, but I figured I should be doing something a little more productive with my time. One of my favorite things to do about once a season is to spice up my room with new decorations and photos.

I don't know about you, but I will often see photos of rooms on Tumblr or We heart it, and and always pretty jealous of the decor. The simple fact is that there are a couple things you can do to get a similar looking room and it's not very expensive!!

1. Get some throw pillows for your bed. You don't need many (maybe three or four) but some mismatching pillows can make your room more colorful and cozy.



2. Add some light. Bring in fairy lights, paper lanterns, and candles. This can give your room a homey feel because of the soft lighting. If I'm not doing anything on a Friday or Saturday night, I'll lie in bed watching a movie with my fairy lights on and a nicely scented candle burning!



3. Personalize. One of the key elements of a 'Tumblr room' is that the walls are full of pictures, quotes, posters, art, etc. You can buy a lot of inexpensive frames at local thrift stores if you want your room to be more put together and fancy. Alternatively, what I like to do, is just get putty to hang up photos and posters; this way you can easily change photos, and you don't have to worry about hanging frames.



I hope this can give some inspiration for creating a 'Tumblr inspired room'!

xx
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment