Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring Favorites 2015

I am over the moon that this Friday we can officially call it Spring (even if in PA we're expecting a couple inches of snow)! In honor of the changing of seasons, and hopefully sunny warm days to come (fingers crossed, everybody), I have decided to get a foot up and think about how I'm going to revamp my wardrobe for Spring. I will confess, I'm not a big colorful dresser, as I'm all about black being the new black, but I've decided that this Spring I will branch (just slightly) out of my comfort zone in terms of color, as well as try to get some things that are just a lil' different than my usual V-necks and loose tees.

Light shorts. I think my favorite shorts for this Spring season will be light wash, heavily distressed high-waisted cut offs. The light color will be nice and bright to welcoming the warm weather, and although the distressed part is definitely optional, I love love love the laid back, casual vibe it gives jeans. If you want to spice things up a lil' bit, add a brown belt (this will cinch your waistline, giving you a some more shape), and pair with a simple crop top. You could keep it casual with a graphic tee and classic B&W high top converse, or alternatively add a cute blouse to make it look like you put more effort into your look that you really did (sneaky, eh?).








Springy skirts. I will admit, I have never been a huge skirt or dress person, but I've decided to step a little out of my comfort zone this Spring season. I absolutely love the look of flowy skirts with either flowers or some sort of tribal print. Add a simple, tight black crop top, and some strappy sandals, and you've got a cute outfit that's casual, but looks gooood :) If you're feeling a little lazy, you can also opt for a dress, and you don't have to think about what to wear with it (an outfit in one, if you will!).




White, white, WHITE! As I said before, I'm trying to ease away from wearing lots of black for the start of warmer weather and sunshine, and as the saying goes, go big or go home, so I'm going full circle, and have decided to embrace white. I think that because white sometimes seen as a 'plain' color, it gives the perfect opportunity to experiment with different textures like lace or crochet, or new styles. I am definitely on the lookout for some different kinds of white crop tops, and boho-beachy type shirts.






Accessorize. Have some fun with layering bracelets, making an anklet, trying out flash tats, or different color nails. I'm planning on heading out to Ulta this weekend, and am going to pick up some new polishes to try out... So far I'm thinking a hot pink/coral and white, tinted with baby pink (which for me that's saying something because I have almost no pink in my wardrobe!).




That's all the fashion/style type favorites I have for you guys, but I thought I would just tell you guys a couple of things I've been loving in general for March. First off, iced tea; I make mine myself by brewing tea (my favorites to use are green tea and raspberry), and then adding a little agave syrup for sweetness, and a lot of ice. That's all you gotta do for a nice refreshing drink :)

Another thing that is awesome for Spring is going on bike rides... not only is it an awesome way to get in some exercise and fresh air, but you can see the first signs of Spring! Going with a friend is fun, but even on your own it's relaxing, and a great way to explore (and take beautiful photos).

Finally, I'm a bit of a freak and have always been really self conscious of how I smell. Once it's warmer out, no one wants to be smelling like sweat. To ensure I smell nice even during long days at school, I like to use men's deodorant, a body spray, and a cream perfume on my wrists and neck; just make sure all the fragrances go well together! For Spring, I particularly love using floral and fresh fragrances.

I hope everyone is as excited for Spring as I am, and can get some inspiration from these favorites!

xx
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment